Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Best Soup I've Ever Had


I love French Onion soup.

Years ago I used to make it myself. However, somewhere along the way I got quite lazy when it came to cooking and I found making it to be a chore. So, if I wanted it I would have to order it in a restaurant. Problem was, no matter where I ordered it, it never quite lived up to my expectations. Well, that changed yesterday.

While in Windsor (Nova Scotia) Mom and I decided to eat lunch out. At first we weren't sure where to go, but as we were walking back to the car we walked past Lucky Italiano (Water Street). We've been meaning to go it for awhile, so this was the perfect opportunity.

The moment we walked in we were in love. The chalk board menus (I love chalk board menus), the small quaint size, the ornate metal (or metal like) ceiling, and the heavenly aroma of Italian food. It was right up our alley.



After going over the menu there were a few things we thought of ordering, but when we found out that the soup of the day was French Onion we were both sold. 

Now, there is nothing worse than getting a bowl of French Onion soup and there are barely any onions in it. Well, not a problem here. I swear there must have been close to two onions in this bowl! The broth was very rich tasting and flavoured perfectly. Instead of having croutons and covering the whole bowl in cheese they had a "giant crouton" topped with cheese. It was perfect.

As a treat we decided to get dessert and split the warm brownie. What can I say, it was a warm, chocolaty bit of indulgence. Well worth the splurge.

It was the best meal I have had out in a long time. I will be going back. I hope often.

If you ever find yourself in Windsor and are looking for a place to eat, try Lucky Italiano.


No comments:

Post a Comment