Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Day of Thunder, Lightning and Rain

The weather in Nova Scotia is always unpredictable. That's just the way it is. When you live here you know this and rarely bat an eyelid when things seem a bit odd in the way weather. (Of course this doesn't stop us from complaining about it). However on Tuesday (August 2, 2011) things were more than a little bit odd, it was down right strange.

We knew we were expecting thunder storms to roll through. But I doubt very much that anyone really expected 8 hours (or more) of heavy rain...



...thunder...



...and more lightning then I have every seen in my life.


The storm was a bit out of the ordinary. And while I do not possess a fear of thunder and lightning (personally I enjoyed the light show Mother Nature put on), I can say that I hope not to experience a storm like that again for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment