Saturday, August 20, 2011

They Are Gone.

Our babies; our four little gingers; our Weasleys; Freddy, Georgy, Ronnie and Ginnie are gone.



We knew from the beginning that we couldn't keep them, we had too many cats already. All because people treat cats like throw away, disposable animals, we end up with so many wandering around the village. A lot of them making their way to our back yard. We do our best but we can't take everyone in. And these four, being kittens have a chance at getting adopted.

Still it's painful. I love them so much.

It's been just over a week, but I still find myself tearing up when I think of them. Our Thunder. That's what we started calling them because of the sounds the made running from one end of the bathroom to the other.

We helped raise them for almost eleven weeks. We watched them learn to walk and climb, to use the litter pot and eat solid food. We were the ones who took them to the vet to get fixed and were the ones who worried about them while they healed from their surgeries.

For the last week they've been in the care of a Hants County NSSPCA foster home. This is where they will be while they wait to find their "furever" homes.

I can't stop worrying about how they are doing, or the kind of home they will get. They will always be a part of me. I know I will always think of them.

____________________________________________________________________

I'm still very behind on the videos I'm making about them. I find it quite hard right now to watch all the video clips of taken of them over the weeks.

The latest, Twenty-eight Days Old is up:



I've been finding it hard for a while now to edit these videos down to just a couple of minutes. I'm sure now that the kitties are gone I'm going to find it even more difficult to edit down the video. So, as each one is edited, they will probably get progressively longer. Beside, they are more meant for us as memories of the babies than they are for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment