Thursday, March 10, 2011

Goal #5 – Pictures. Pictures. Pictures.


Originally when I started college I had set my sights on becoming a photographer.

Actually, let's back up a bit, because that's not an entirely true statement. Originally when I decided to attend college it was because I was tired, frustrated and a tad bored with the job I had at the time. I decided I needed to do something to change the direction of my life, but I didn't want to 1. be too committed to the choice I made and 2. would rather slit my wrists than do anything associated with business.

Through a bit of research and the recommendation of a coworker I decided on a course called ACAP (Applied Communication Arts Program). It was the foundation year for a few applied arts programs, one being photography and another being graphic design. Subjects for the ACAP year were hands on classes in things like illustration, photography and design. While I did well with the photography classes, I did better with design. It didn't take me long to decide that I was going to continue into graphic design.

While I concentrated on graphic design, I never left photography far behind. For the first while anyway. Over the last few years I haven't spent much time or put much effort into the hobby I once enjoyed. So, it's time for me to take it up again.

And yes, I did photograph those vintage cameras that you see above. Our house has always been full of cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment