Friday, April 1, 2011

BEDA 1 - Alex and Luke Travel

I love watching travel vlogs. I prefer the unpolished videos of real people telling their stories
about travel far more than any travel show that you can find on television. I'm always on the lookout for new ones. Particularly ones made by Canadians.


Somehow today, I was lucky enough to stumble across the blog/website (here) for two
friends named Alex and Luke.

In late 2009 the duo planned a cross-continental road trip that would take them to every
province in Canada and every State in the US (except Hawaii) all in Luke's VW Golf.
Thoughout their journey they took direction from the audience following their travels on
various social media websites. They went where their audience directed and ate where
their viewers suggested. They put the destiny of their travels in the hands of people they
did not know, trusting them to not steer them wrong. Brave souls.

I've spent the evening going through various posts and videos, becoming inspired and
 forming (weak, for the time being) ideas of my own travel adventure someday.

If you enjoy seeing the sites of Canada and the US through someone else's eyes check
them out.

Their latest video (part of a new project) has them in Aurora Village, Yellowknife. Despite
me hating the cold, someday I would love to see the north of my beautiful home country
and this is one of the places I want to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment