Saturday, April 9, 2011

BEDA 9 – Good Company, Bad Movie

Fact 1:  I love going to the theater to see movies.
Fact 2:  I'm easily scared.
Fact 3:  Even when the film is crappy, if you have good company it's tolerable.

So, I went to see Insidious tonight. I went with a friend whom I haven't seen in a few weeks. We had high hopes for the film and were looking forward to going. We were also looking forward to catching up with each other, which was good because that was the highlight of the evening.

The film started off creepy enough and did provide a few jump and scream fright moments, but it didn't take too long before it became cheesy and cheap looking. The film makers kept using different lighting, different colour filters and different film textures in different scenes. They didn't feel consistent and I found them very obvious. Another cheep aspect of the film were the ghosts/demons characters. To me they just looked like bought-at-the-costume-shop halloween get-ups. As I said before I scare easily, however aside from a few jumps I wasn't as scared/creeped-out/uneasy as I thought I would be.

Over all I don't think the story held up well, the effects could have been better and the costume department failed horribly.

One thing I do like about the film, the movie poster. It delivers on the creep factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment