Monday, April 11, 2011

BEDA 11 – Reading Troubles

Martianscape by varagus @ sxc.hu
I don't know what it is about reading The War of the Worlds but I am having a hard time getting through it. It's a very short book with only 154 pages. As of right now I have only made my way through 90 of those pages. Very sad slow progress.


I constantly find myself reading the same paragraph, sometimes the same sentence over and over again. As I'm reading I find I am having a hard time grasping the details of the story. I don't know if it's that I am bored with the tale or if it's because the structure of the writing is a tad more formal than what I have been reading recently. For the last five months I've been reading nothing but YA novels. YA novel's that for the most part have been written in the last decade. TWOFW however is a novel written over a hundred years ago, and it shows it's age.


I have just over 60 pages left to go, something easy to achieve in one evening. Here's hoping that tomorrow night I can finish and move on to something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment