Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BEDA 6 – The Disposable Film Festival


I have always wanted to make a movie.

I have thought about this a lot. I'm not sure if I just want to be involved in the film industry, or if I actually want to be an important part in the creation of a film. Director, producer, snack table attendant. Would that last one be craft services lackey?

It's a desire that I have always assumed I would never full fill. Until recently. A week or so ago I somehow stumbled upon The Disposable Film Festival.

The whole concept of this festival is that it showcases films that have been created on things like flip cams, point-and-shot camera, even webcams. You just need an solid idea that uses the medium in a unique and interesting way. It's about the talent and not the tool. And some of the filmmakers have so much talent. Check out the 2010 winner:


With the discovery of this little film festival I have let myself consider the possibility that I might be able to come up with an idea that I could execute and submit. It's an idea.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment