Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BEDA 20 – I've cracked my teeth.

Dentures by fugue @ sxc.hu
My day started off with my lovely bi-yearly trip to the dentist. 

Now, I don't mind going to the dentist. I don't like it, but it's not a horrible experience. I take pretty good care of my teeth and haven't had a cavity in years. I am however a grinder and a clencher. I should have a bite plain, but I don't. That apparently is a problem.

I turns out that I have cracked two off my teeth.

I've been having some pretty bad sensitivity issues with one of my bottom and one of my top teeth on the left side. I put off going to get it checked out because I had an appointment coming up, but it's been painful. I feared a cavity, but thought that maybe it was just the exposed roots. (I have a lot of exposed roots, as I used to brush for very long periods of time with great force. Ruined my gums with my zeal to be plaque free.)

Alas, after the dentist examined my x-rays and did a bite test, she's pretty sure I have cracked my teeth under the fillings that are in those two and that's the root (pun not intended) of the problem.

So, yay me, I get to look forward to the Novocain needle in June.

Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment