Thursday, April 14, 2011

BEDA 14 – Possible Futures Film Contest

Possibilities abound. I guess they always do. It's just not always easy to find them.

To my great surprise, twice in less than 10 days I've come across an opportunity to compete in the medium of film without having to have any actual experience doing so.

Last week I wrote about my discovery of the Disposable Film Festival and it's call for films made using unconventional film making tools.

Well, I have now come across the Possible Futures Film Contest. First I somehow came across their fan page on Facebook, however at the time I really didn't get a chance to check out what it was about. I liked the page and then just went about what I had been doing. Yesterday, I was stunned to discover that the Possible Futures Film Contest has started following me on Twitter. Of course then, I had to check them out.

I've been thrilled to discover that this is something close to my heart. These words taken from the home page of their site speak volumes to me:

Envision a new, positive, possible future for the world. One that is environmentally sustainable, socially just, peaceful and spiritually fulfilling.

These are all the things I'm trying to move my life toward.

Not only is this a Film Contest focusing on such grand ideas, but they have opened it up to everyone. From never made a film before to professional filmmakers.

The hard part of course is the idea. I'm not a great story teller. Anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment