Tuesday, April 5, 2011

BEDA 5 - Making Motion, Part 2


When I was asked to take on the Motion Graphics project, I have to say I was worried. It excited me, but scared me. Now, most people would say that that is the correct combination of emotions for pushing yourself, learning new things and challenging yourself. My normal reaction to this sort of situation is "Oh God no, I can't do this" at which point I pull myself out and allow someone else who has more confidence in their abilities take my place.

This time, I decided it was a sign (I'm a big believer in signs). It's a project that fit with the direction I want to go. Granted I did not feel ready and had my doubts that I could complete anything that would be showable, but in the end my bosses seem very happy with what I was able to produce in such a short period of time.

So, today I breathed a sigh of relief and for the first time in a very long time I actually feel good about my abilities and what I can achieve when I push myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment